Why is Site Search Important?
Having a powerful, reliable and effective site search is a very important component of your website's success. There are numerous reasons why this is so. Shoppers who use site search are shopping with intent and are therefore more likely to make a purchase. They are often in late-stage buying mode and they want to view product content to satisfy other buying motivators such as price, availability and delivery charges. These shoppers have found the website and are trying to find specific information. The search box should deliver relevant results, so it becomes the preferred method of navigation.
A user-friendly site search results in higher conversions rates. When shoppers find products quickly and easily, they are more likely to become loyal customers. Moreover, a good site search can provide merchants with valuable analytics to aid in marketing campaigns.
When considering implementing a new site search integration, there are some things you may want to consider. Some of these functionalities include:
- Responsiveness. Is the search responsive to all devices?
- Autocomplete speeds up the time it takes to search and leads to more conversions.
- Search results filtering allows the shopper to narrow down their search results further, speeding up the process and ultimately leads to higher conversion rates and a positive user experience.
- Instant Search also enables a faster search experience, displaying results as the shopper types search terms.
- Spelling error correction leads to a frustration free search experience.
- Reporting and analytics integration gives merchants valuable information about what their customers are looking for and how they are finding it.
- An easy to use dashboard allows merchants to manage their search integration themselves so they do not have to pay a developer to make changes.
If you have questions or want more information, contact us!