While most store owners will not need to do any configuration of the app, there are some settings in the Dashboard that can be changed:
- Import & Manage Automatic Product Custom Fields Creation
- Import all Custom Fields from BigCommerce - the first time you use Custom Field Populator, it is recommended you import all your custom fields to the app. Additionally, if you add a new custom field outside the app, use this option to bring in any new custom fields.
- Enable Auto Creating Custom Fields - This will enable new products to have the custom fields setup in the app automatically added to the product.
- Disable Auto Creating Custom Fields - This will disable new products to have the custom field setup in the app automatically added to the product.
- Global Default Value for Custom Fields - If you want to assign a global value for all custom fields, such as “0” (numerical value for “off”), you would enter it here. Bigcommerce requires a value for all custom fields. This global default value can be overridden via the custom field default value. If you have no global default value or custom field default value we will send a blank space.