Creating a Your Store Tools Account
Your Store Tools is like a magic toolbox full of time-saving tools designed to make managing your eCommerce store and its data much easier.
We offer both free and paid tools for BigCommerce which can only be accessed by first creating an account. This multi-step process will require you to have "Store Owner" access to your BigCommerce store in order to grant API access.
If you’re ready to begin, let’s get started!
Go to https://app.yourstoretools.com and click on create a new account.
On the User screen, fill in all the requested information, then click Next
On the Company screen, fill in all the requested information, then click Next. Please note, when creating your password, it must be a minimum of 8 characters.
Here is where you will link your BigCommerce store to Your Store Tools. You must have "Store Owner" access to complete this step. If you do not have "Store Owner" access to the BigCommerce store, please have the individual with that level of access create the account.
To create an API account, you will need to do the following:
- Log into your BigCommerce Store
- Go to Settings and scroll down to API
- Click on API Accounts
- Click on +Create API Account
- For Token Type select V2/V3 API Token
- Enter a Name for the Token such as Your Store Tools
- Copy and paste the API Path into the corresponding field in the Your Store Tools setup wizard
- By default, all OAuth scopes are set to None, please change permissions only on the following:
- Content = Modify
- Information & settings = read-only
- Marketing = read-only
- Products = Modify
- Sites & routes = read-only
- Channel settings = read-only
- Channel listings = read-only
- Click Save
- The pop-up window will display the Client ID, Client secret, and Access Token which you will copy and paste into the corresponding fields in the Your Store Tools setup wizard. Please note, this information will also automatically be downloaded as a txt file.
- Select your Timezone, then click Register.