What is Yahoo's Solution for SSL?
What does Yahoo! provide for SSL?
- Yahoo! is providing a free, valid DV certificate with no configuration requirements
- Yahoo! will automatically redirect HTTP to HTTPS as 301 redirect
- The Yahoo-generated sitemap will be at HTTPS when the feature enablement steps are complete
- Yahoo's robots.txt will be at HTTPS after the first post-enable publish
- Yahoo's CDN for editor files and images uploaded to variables are already serving out of HTTPS
- Yahoo's integrated Google Analytics is relatively referenced and thus does not need adjustment to handle HTTPS
The scanner is useful for things that are custom coded or any custom scripts or installations done. We're doing our best to try and NOT report things that Yahoo! will be handling for you already.