Tips for setting up data feeds
1. Create you product titles carefully. Include brand, what the product is, and any distinguishing or unique feature
2. Focus on the free shopping engines first: Bing.com and TheFind.com. Next list on Amazon Product Ads, then consider other pay-per-click engines with healthy profit margins.
3. Upload your products every 24 to 48 hours, even if nothing has changed. Shopping engines like fresh data. Do this by publishing your Yahoo store or going to your Feed Wizards Dashboard.
4. Include a minimum of 5 attributes for every product: title, description, price, image, brand, UPC (if applicable).
5. Use easy shipping rules and configure your shopping engine accounts directly with the shipping information. Simple rules help shopping engines accurately display your total checkout price. Simple shipping rules also help conversion rates.
6. Configure your shopping engine accounts COMPLETELY. Give all the details about your store and give all the information you can. This will help the shopping engine identify your products and is likely to help your products rank on the shopping engine results pages.
7. When you use pay-per-click shopping engines, have a way of measuring return on investment (ROI) to check for underperforming products. You can remove these items from your data feeds.
8. Categorize your products. Each shopping engine uses their own taxonomy – make sure you use the appropriate categories. If an engine doesn't like Yahoo's default categorization, you can individually categorize your products for better results.